Noriday contraceptive is the type of birth control medical products. These products serve you to be protected against pregnancy. Noriday tablets are one of the most effective contraceptives on the market. You can also know as a mini pill, progestin-only pill, POP or just “the pill”. Important to mention, that this medicine contains only progestin and no oestrogen. In other words, women who are sensitive to oestrogen can take it.
Precautions and Possible side effects
First of all, please read carefully the Noriday leaflet for a patient. To prevent pregnancy and avoid any side effects, you need to follow the instructions in the leaflet. Do not take this form of contraception if you:
- Are allergic to the ingredients of the medicine;
- Have or had problems with the liver, like severe chronic disease, jaundice, Rotor Syndrome, etc.
- Are pregnant (This medicine does not abort a pregnancy in any way.);
- Have lipid fat metabolism;
- Experienced problems with heart (heart disease, strokes or any other heart malfunction);
- Prone to thrombosis (suffer from blood clots);
- Suffer from inflamed veins;
- Have diabetes;
- Have a long history of suffering from any type of depression;
- Have serious blood pressure fluctuation.
What is Noriday pill?
Noriday mini pill is a representative of progestogen-only contraceptive tablets. In other words, it does not contain oestrogen. This type of medicine helps you to be protected from pregnancy straight without using condoms. As a result, you can enjoy sex without fear of unwanted pregnancy and discomfort from any “latex middleman”. You should take these contraceptive pills at the same time each day in the cycle for the effect. You will not have any break between packs on the Noriday tablets.
There are three main courses of action for this method contraception. In other words, you will be protected against pregnancy in three ways:
- It may stop ovaries from the egg releasing. However, it’s not that same as with a combined pill. That’s why you may have irregular vaginal bleeding. It may appear in the first months, but not all women may experience this side effect.
- It thickens your mucus. As a result, the spermatozoids will have almost no chance of reaching the egg.
- It changes the lining of your womb. In other words, the fertilized egg will not plant there.
According to the Noriday reviews, medical experts may also prescribe it for other beneficial reasons. For instance, women who experience side effects from oestrogen contained combined tablets. Nevertheless, you should remember, that some medicines may delay or stop the effect of an oral contraceptive. For instance:
- HIV and AIDS medicines (Ritonavir, Nelfinavir, Nevirapine, etc.) ;
- Bacterial and Fungal infections remedies (Griseofulvin, Doxycycline, Rifabutin, etc.);
- Epilepsy and Narcolepsy treatments (Topiramate, Carbamazepine, Modafinil, etc.).
Do not forget that Noriday tablets do not protect you against HIV, AIDS or other sexually transmitted diseases. The same is true for any Noriday alternative oral contraception. In this case, you need to use extra contraception (like a condom). Moreover, you always have an option to refuse to have sex.
- Reduces non-cancerous breast diseases, ovarian cysts and fibroids.
- Decreases of womb and colon cancer;
- Normalizes menstrual cycle and makes periods less painful;
- Protects from pelvic diseases.
How to take Noriday?
The active ingredient of Noriday is Norethisterone. The exact dosage of Norethisterone for each pill is 350 mcg. Other ingredients include lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, povidone, maize starch, etc (The full list of ingredients you can find in the patient’s leaflet).
Noriday supplied in blister strips of 28 tablets. Your doctor will advise you to take the pill on the first day of your period. In this way, you are 100% sure that you are not pregnant. Nevertheless, you can take the dose at any moment. Whatever your choice will be, the effect will come to action after 2 days.
At the same time, if it’s the first time you take Noriday, you must use extra protection (condoms) during sex for 2 weeks.
You should take the dosage on the same day every time. The perfect action window to take it is for three hours. Noriday missed pill is not a problem if you take it in 12 hours. You don’t even need to take extra protection. Just take the missed pill and another pill as usual. Even if it means to take two pills. Nevertheless, if more than 12 hours passed, you need to take the pill ASAP. Even if you take two pills on the same day. In this case, you will need to use extra protection for 2 days.
Noriday side effects
The most common Noriday side effects include:
- Allergic reactions, like difficulties to swallow, to breathe or hives. Facial swelling, etc.
- Cerazette bleeding;
- Breast pain;
- Noriday bleeding;
- Noriday side effects anxiety (Mood swings, depression);
There are also uncommon Noriday pill side effects:
- Ovarian cyst;
- Painful menstruation;
- Hair problems (including hair loss);
- Viginal discharge.
The rarest side effects include:
- Red itchy skin;
- Painful sin lumps;
- Symptoms of cancer.
If you experience common side effects, you will need to stop using Noriday. In the case of uncommon conditions, you will also need to consult your doctor. In cases of rare conditions, please, call emergency services.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Noriday a mini pill?
Yes. It’s a progestin-only pill that contains Norethisterone as an active ingredient. It can’t be called a combined contraceptive as it does not contain oestrogen.
Does noriday stop periods?
Due to Norethisterone, Noriday may some time stop ovulation. Therefore, it can change your periods and even stop them. Moreover, you can experience breakthrough bleeding when using progestin-only methods of protection. Please, in this case, consult with your doctor on this matter.
How to tell if pregnant on Noriday?
If you take Noriday according to the instructions, you will have a 99% chance of avoiding pregnancy. Nevertheless, 1 out of 10 women may get pregnant on the pill. However, this usually happens due to various reasons which have almost nothing to do with the effectivity of the product.
If you experience common symptoms of pregnancy, like swollen breasts, fatigue, nausea, mood swings, no periods and so on. Please, consult with your doctor and take a pregnancy test.
Can Noriday cause weight gain?
There is no research that supports this statement. Nevertheless, according to Noriday pill reviews, women may experience weight gain. It may happen due to mood swings and hormonal swings that can slightly change diet preferences.
Does Noriday cause acne?
One of the side effects is acne. Therefore, some women may experience problems with their skin when on the pill. Still, most women do not have any side effects.
How effective is Noriday?
According to various researches, this medical product is 99% effective method against pregnancy. Of course, if you take it according to the patient’s leaflet.
Is Noriday the same as micronor?
They have the same active ingredient – Norethisterone. At the same time, the composition of other ingredients may differ.
How long does Noriday take to work?
If you start Noriday on the first day of your cycle, you will be protected straight away. At the same time, if you have a short menstrual cycle, you will need to use extra protection for 2 days. If you start taking not on your cycle, then use extra protection for 2 days.